Minecraft Snapshot Week 42 12w42a/b Download Link 1.4
We have another Snapshot for you.
Minecraft Snapshot 12w42a;
Releasing an early snapshot this week because we need to crunch out the pre-release as soon as possible. This snapshot has the following changes:
- Anvil block has been tweaked (it’s cheaper to create, minor visual changes, and you can repair tools using wood/ingots/diamonds)
- Bats no longer trample crops or trigger pressure plates
- Redstone repeaters can be “locked” (fixed output) by having a powered repeater connected to its left or right side
- Added an option to hide a server’s IP address
- Updated language files
- More bugfixes & tweaks!
Minecraft Snapshot 12w42b (Preprerelease!);
Here’s the next snapshot, 12w42b! We are pushing these very rapidly now because we need to get ready for the 1.4 pre-release (which needs to be out before the official release on October 24). Since yesterday’s snapshot we’ve done…
- Falling sand now properly “pops” when falling on non-solid blocks (such as torches)
- The redstone repeater lock mechanism is now slightly more stable / predictable. It’s still not 100% as we want it, but fixing it completely will require bigger changes that we’ve planned for Minecraft 1.5.
- Fixed tooltip width for renamed items
- Added a number of sound events, but the sound effects are not added yet
- Server ping will now tell if the server and client have mismatching protocol versions
- Updated translation files
Download the snapshot here:
- Client: http://assets.minecraft.net/12w42b/minecraft.jar
- Server: http://assets.minecraft.net/12w42b/minecraft_server.jar (or EXE)
If you don’t have Minecraft you can download the launcher here: http://www.minecraft.net/download
// The Minecraft Team
Jeb posted a video showing some of the ‘Red-Stone Lock’ features
jeb_: After 1.4 we’re going to fix a bunch of redstone-related stuff that will break builds, so that’s why we’re only using the “safe” version now
How To Install
It seems the snapshots are the same as they used to be to install again;
Our boy BebopVox has done a nice review or 12w42a and b;
Although this video is for the previous Snapshot and the Anvil crafting is wrong it still sheds some light on some of the other new features;
How To Craft an Anvil in 12w42b;
Lets get on ant try it out!